Indianapolis was lucky enough to be chosen as the Super Bowl Host City this year and it was truly one of our city’s shining moments. There was so much happening that week that I am sure many of us missed out on some interesting information on that was going on in Indy.
Here are some interesting facts about the Super Bowl in Indianapolis that you might not be aware of:
- Mile’s Printing client Eli Lilly and Company were one of the top trained business’ in “Super Service” for the Super Bowl. They had 290 participants.
- There was 282,000 lbs of Super Bowl Recyclables recovered by Republic Waste Services
- Total Visitors to Super Bowl village was 1,105,000
- Miles Printing printed the 300,000 Super Fan maps that helped direct visitors around to the different events around the city
- Harry & Izzy’s sold 1,700lbs of shrimp, Scotty’s Brewhouse sold 65,700 chicken wings, Steak and Shake made over 31,237 beef patties, and St Elmo’s went through 4,000lbs (2 tons) of shrimp
- 13,026 Super Scarves were handmade by volunteers in 45 states for the Super Bowl. Miles Printing was proud to have our employees part of that initiative
- There was 7,000 Super Baskets of Hope that were packed by 900 volunteers. These materials were stored at our facility.
We were so proud to be a part of Indianapolis’ biggest event. It was amazing to see everything come together and also wrap up quickly. It only took 4 days to tear down Super Bowl Village! We hope to see the Super Bowl come back to our city soon!
What was your favorite part of the Super Bowl being in Indianapolis?Tweet